I had a big session in the garage the other day and managed to get the top mounted, with the top shelf and speaker shelf attached.
I also managed to get a grill attached to the rear of the base to allow a little bit of air flow for the PC (and keep out little fingers, and cats).
I’ve have managed to get the base door attached (finally). I was originally intending to use hinges you find in your kitchen cupboard, but was having some dramas with them, so I fell back to using steel piano hinge. Really glad I did as it has worked better than I thought. It looks nice and is really sturdy.
Here is what I’ve got so far:
Here is a view of the mounting bolts, from the outside and inside:
The mounting bolts are 10mm thick so for the countersinking I had to resort to using my router as my standard countersinking bits were not deep/wide enough. With six of these one each side the left and right panels are not going anywhere.
I had to cut the speaker wires from the tv to mount the TV in the cabinet. I am planning on rigging up some kind of quick disconnect so that if I ever need to remove the top I don’t need to cut and resolder the speaker wires again.
- Raise the tv by an inch
- Attach rear panels on the top half
- Solder the speaker wires to plugs
- Get a marquee printed and attached
- Sort out the plugs and soldering for the control panel
- Figure out how to mount the control panel to the base so it does not move, but is still removable.